Saturday, December 28, 2013

Weekly Impressions - My Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank You for Your grace and mercy, and that You have called me as Your child.  Thank You for Your institution of marriage, and for the blessing that it is.  Help me to glorify You in mine.  Help me to keep my mind focused on You, and on serving You foremost, with an eye toward those that You would have me serve.

Thank You for the wisdom You have given me in the Bible, and I pray for the discernment to understand it.  Show me Your path in my life, and help me to remember that Your power and grace supersede my decisions.  There is more than one way to do a thing, as You have clearly shown me, and, while my decisions should be weighed according to Your Word, I don’t have to agonize over which way is “best.”  Thank You that, sometimes, You leave the choice to us in such a way that neither is necessarily better than the other - just different.  You will see Yourself glorified.

Thank You for my husband, and give him a good night’s rest tonight.  Thank You for what our son is learning, and I pray that You would give us wisdom in raising him.  I pray, too, that he would come to know You as his Savior, and to walk in an amazing relationship with You.  

Thank You that we have a home to call our own.  I pray You bless it, and the improvements that we work to complete.  Thank You for our cars, that they have been running well, and I pray your continued blessing on them, as well.

Lord, I hunger to know You more.  Thank You for that hunger, and I pray that You always engender its return when it fades.  The knowledge of You is too much to fathom; help me focus on the part of You that I need to in each moment.  Help me not to forget Your ways, and give me the courage to live them.

Protect Your children, and let us know what it truly means to be under Your protection.  Let us understand Your definition as we remember to serve You, and as You see us safely home.


In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment