Saturday, December 21, 2013

Weekly Impressions - Fulfillment

Our toddler just discovered how to climb out of his crib.  This makes for a bit of fun.  What am I thankful for in this?  That my husband took the lead!  I was there to back him up, but when it came time to put the little man down for his nap, my husband dealt with making sure he stayed there.  He repeated the discipline for the more difficult evening bedtime.  I am so glad that I didn’t have to be the main person on that.

I really appreciate the husband/wife relationship, specifically in the leadership sense.  God created me with a natural bent to support, and when I can do so, I have the luxury of knowing that my purpose is fulfilled.  Perhaps not when my focus is awry, but that’s all the more reason to continue to lift my eyes up to God and His Word.  Accomplishing my own tasks is satisfying, but being used by God for His purposes is truly fulfilling.

The beauty of it is that God is sovereign and always using me for a purpose.  It is far better for me when I choose to be used by Him, but He will see His will done.  “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)


All things.  I find such peace in those words.  I pray that I am mindful of God’s will in my life, and that I choose His will over mine.  His peace is beyond fulfillment.

No comments:

Post a Comment