Friday, December 6, 2013

Priority Check

My husband and I got to spend a little time together last night - not much, but some.  I’d like to think that I treasure that time even when we’ve already had time to spend together, but I must admit that I absolutely cherish that time together when it has been awhile.  During this cherished time, we were checking up on each other to see how things were going in day-to-day life, and I admitted that I was struggling.

His immediate question was about my quiet times.  How were they going?  Well... they weren’t really, since they had kind of fallen by the wayside.  The Holy Spirit uses my blogging time to bring my thoughts around toward Christ, but they are no substitute for a quiet time.  To this, he responded with the question as to why I didn’t have my quiet time before I did my blog.  That, I thought, was an excellent question.

The time I spend on my blog is important, certainly, but its importance doesn’t rival that of a quiet time.  To spend some undistracted time with God, instead of just taking some time to turn my focus toward Him (which, eventually, should be a constant practice), is very important.  Just as I was spending time with my husband, I needed to spend some time with my Savior.


I am thankful to have a husband who will help me with a priority check.  Love shows through discipline and reproof, and God certainly reproved me through my husband.  I thank the Lord for His love and reproof, and pray for the humility to prioritize Him instead of what I want.  In fact, I pray that I would want Him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment