Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Advice

I was struggling a bit tonight, and it was nice to have my husband to lean on.  He noticed, too, and asked about it (which is also nice).  When I told him that I was struggling with feeling anxious about choosing something to be thankful for, he pointed out that the point of the exercise wasn’t to choose something different; it was to be thankful.  While I have made it my goal to have 1,000 different thankful things, it robs me of my joy to get so caught up in it that it defeats the purpose of the exercise.

I have been using my blog to help me get into the mood of being thankful.  When I begin, I may not always be there, but by the time I finish, I almost always am.  It’s a helpful turnaround.  

I have found, however, that it is also important to not wait until I write my entry to be thankful.  I should be thankful at all times.  Each new thing I write about is ammunition to remember for later in order to help me be thankful at all times.  I don’t have to wait until I write my blog, or have my quiet time, or am driving in my car thinking to myself... I should always be striving to have a mindset of thankfulness.


I am thankful for my husband’s advice, that God used him to remind me of the purpose behind this exercise.  I thank the Lord for His reminders, and that He gave me a husband who is also mindful of His will.  Has the Lord used your spouse or a good friend to remind you of His will lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment