Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weekly Impressions - Lover of My Soul

Any time I struggle with sin, it seems that the first thing that I need to do is preach the gospel to myself.  If I feel unloved, lonely, despairing, etc., then to recognize that Christ knows exactly what I am going through, and took on all of my sins and the disregard for Him that those sins reflect, and put them on Himself to suffer and die for me so that I might live in eternity with Him.  I owe Him more than everything.  

He didn’t stop there, either.  He rose again to conquer death and lives with a victory that overcomes all evil.  No matter what evil I am going through in this world, He has overcome the world, and He uses my circumstances, etc. for my good and keeps my soul.  No matter how bad or sinful I am, His love covers me with His righteousness, and keeps my soul.

My God is an awesome God, and nothing can shake His power or His love.  God is bigger than everything… put together… and He doesn’t lose track of a single hair on the head of His loved ones.  I am His… and there’s no escaping!  What a wondrous love!  I seek to hang my head in the shame of my actions, yet He lifts my head and smiles on me as a favored one in His grace.  Christ paid the penalty for my sin and “…there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 8:1)  I am to confess, repent, and then live in His joy.  The joy of His love, of His teaching, of His Victory.  Christ is mine, and I am His.


We (His children) live by the grace of God.  Not only His grace to allow us to draw each and every breath, but the grace He bestows upon us to draw upon His Divine Power for daily life.  We can live daily in His victory, if we can but lift our eyes from the waves of circumstance, etc. to the eyes of Christ.  His piercing, loving gaze.  I am so thankful for my Savior, and I pray that I would be cognizant moment-by-moment of my soul in His loving grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment