Monday, February 10, 2014

"Reel Her In!"

Dear Lord,

I am thankful that You bring me back to You when I stray.  You send little reminders and checks in my life to remind me that my focus should be on You.  I really appreciate that.  You leave me the choice, yet You remind me of Your joy, and the joy of living for and within You.  How can I not come back to You when faced with the reminder of who You really are and what You have done for me?

Yet, as You know, sometimes I still don’t want to come back.  Thank You for Your forgiveness, grace, and mercy.  Sometimes it takes more than a gentle reminder to turn my foolish heart.  Thank You for the love You exhibit in being willing to exercise less gentle reminders.  I would far rather feel Your discipline for a moment, than to turn from You entirely (if that were possible in the face of Your love and grace).  Thank You, Lord, that You “reel me in.”


In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment