Friday, February 14, 2014

Your Ministry

Dear Lord,

I hadn’t really thought of it this way before, but Your relationship with Your children is really like Your ministry, isn’t it?  It is the greatest ministry every undertaken, and one that could only be carried out by You.  To consider the magnitude of that ministry - You created us; gave us free will; hold our world together; sent Your only Son to be the sacrifice to save us from our sins; sent Your Holy Spirit to guide us; are always there to pray to; teach us wisdom and the joy of serving You and others; and even incorporate us as members of Your ministry - I can only smile.

I am so thankful to have a relationship with You.  Thank You for all that You do and have done to make that possible.  Thank You for guiding me back to You when I stray, for always being there to pray to (or, talk to, in other words).  Thank You for allowing me to come before Your throne of grace with confidence (Hebrews 4:16), for Your forgiveness and cleansing blood that cover all of my transgressions.  I simply cannot fathom the magnitude of Your power, and of Your willingness to use that power to minister Your love to not only me, but to all of Your children.

Thank You so much, Lord.  You’re amazing, and I love You!  Happy Valentine’s Day!


In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment