Sunday, March 23, 2014

Your Timing

Dear Lord,

Thank You for the perfection of Your sovereign timing.  Last night was a bit of a rush to get a few chores done before bedtime.  I knew the kiddo might wake during the night, as he wasn’t feeling well, and brushing on his poor sunburned cheeks hurt.  Thank You that I had finished the necessary chores and was just about to go to sleep when he woke up the first time.  To be able to give him my full attention when he’s not feeling well is a blessing, as I’m less prone to stress and more prone to keep my focus on serving You by serving my little man.

Thank You for orchestrating his wake-up with my readiness to deal with it, and I thank You, too, that You do that throughout my day.  I know that I don’t always notice it, but I do wish to express my thanks, as I know that You are always at work in my life to conform me into the image of Your Son. (Romans 8:28-29)  Thank You for that work, and for Your perfect timing.

In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment