Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Fantasy

Dear Lord,

Thank You for the gift of fantasy.  Books and stories draw us into a world of creativity and adventure - a “place” away from our own lives.  It can be so fun to lose ourselves in that for a time.  When I think about fantasy, I often wonder what it will be like with You in heaven.  Not that it wouldn’t be a reality, certainly, but what a world of wonder and things that we can only imagine now.  

Will You grant us more power to effect things, or will we use our infinite time to learn more and create more?  What grand things will we create or build for You?  How will our relationships serve You?  Will it be rather similar to the way things are now, with the exception that sin will be absent?  It makes for diverting thoughts.

My one request in this would be to help me not lose myself in it so often that I begin to shirk my responsibilities.  That can be a very real temptation for me.  Thank You for Your discipline, and for bolstering my self-discipline.  Help me to use my love of fantasy to serve You.


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment