Monday, March 10, 2014

Reading

Dear Lord,

Thank You that You created reading, that not only might we read stories and instructions, but especially that we might read Your Word.  “Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:105)  I love that verse because it reminds me that it is important to meditate and reflect upon and to live out Your Word.  When I walk in the way of Your Word, my path is clear.  In order to do all of this, I must read Your Word, and I thank You for the ability and the privilege.

Your Word is so pure.  With it, I can wash my mind of the day’s filth, whether apparent or concealed.  Your Word helps illuminate what is concealed.  It brings it to light and helps me to see it in Your light, not mine.  Thank You for renewing my mind through the true knowledge of You (Colossians 3:10), obtained by Your Word.

Continue to cultivate my desire for You and for Your Word, Lord.  Thank You for such an amazing tool and foundation of following You.  I pray for those who don’t have it, yet, or have limited access.  Continue Your work through Your saints and smooth the way before them that we might spread Your good news.


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment