Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Family

Ecclesiastes 4:12
"And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart."

Being a new mom, this one is rather easy.  I am well and truly blessed to be near my family.  It’s somewhat rare for my 8 month old son to drive me to the edge of reason, because I am constantly near or around family who is willing to take him for awhile.  I often consider how life was in Bible times and think that, in that aspect of their culture, they had a truly good thing.
Not least of that family blessing is my husband.  His servant’s heart calms my own.  He’ll notice my stress level rising and snatch our son up and make him laugh.  That cute little laugh can go a fair way.
If you are away from family, I would encourage you to seek out good friends that you can gather about you as close as family.  “[B]etter is a neighbor who is near, than a brother far away.”  (Proverbs 27:10)  God created us to be social creatures.  How we interact with others is often the greatest way that we can bring glory to God.  Relationships are part of our makeup, and it is fulfilling to experience them.
Be thankful for those you have around you.  God uses them in all kinds of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment