Monday, July 23, 2012

Stillness

Psalm 46:10
“Cease striving and know that I am God...”


I enjoy the warm glow of a light at night. The night has a stillness to it that the right lighting can make very warm and relaxing. It is during these times that it’s easiest for me to think. The busyness of the day and the need to multi-task feels farther off.  

My mind seems rather constantly on the go, and it can be difficult to focus on being still - on not doing anything at the same time I’m “thinking about God.” The busyness of the day isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but I do need to live in the constant knowledge of His presence. I act differently when I have that in mind.  

In the stillness, it is easier to remember God is control. The warm glow seems more like His loving arms around me than just a lamp lighting the room. And in the stillness, it is easier to hear God speaking to me. It is the best time for me to have a quiet time with Him. We all need time during which our full attention - including the attention of our hands - is brought fully to bear on the Lord. He will fill us back up with what we need to continue in our work for Him.

Where and when can you find your stillness?

No comments:

Post a Comment