Monday, July 16, 2012

Cuteness

2 Corinthians 4:18

“...while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.”

My son’s adorable.  I love it when he makes little noises to himself.  I’m blessed in that he’s a pretty happy kiddo.  His wide smile and little laughs can brighten a moment in a flash - and he does it pretty often.

It’s a good thing, too.  I’m pretty sure that God made it that way, or fewer kids would make it to adulthood.  You can be totally frustrated with him - for any number of reasons - and then he whips out a smile and some adorable little sound. Suddenly, your frustration is pushed back by a rush of laughter.  He’s just so cute!

I am thankful that God created cuteness.  It’s a reminder to me of God’s love.  It's something that I can see in the physical world that helps me remember the things which I can't see.  It's a mental kick to take a step back in the middle of a tough situation.  To remember that God’s in control.  It’s a personal check. Why are you frustrated, and will it really matter in light of eternity (or even a few hours)?

Are you frustrated with something?  Take a step back.  Don’t try to control it - give it up to God.  He was always the One in control of it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment