Friday, July 20, 2012

Grace


Philippians 2:13
“...for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.”
The definition of grace is unmerited favor.  That means the grace God gives us is not based on what we do - it’s unmerited. We can’t do anything to obtain God’s grace, or it wouldn’t be grace. How often is your motive based on currying God’s favor? The frequency of that motive in my life is a little daunting.
Grace expounds on Love. It’s one of the ways He shows us that our worth doesn’t come from what we do, but from the God who loves us enough to give us grace. He didn’t choose me for what I could do, or for what He needed me to do - God doesn’t need anything from us. It was His good pleasure to choose me, because He wanted to.
Are you serving the Lord in the hopes of “pleasing” Him?  Or are you serving Him just because you love Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment