Monday, July 9, 2012

Love

1 John 4:18
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love."

I am thankful for God's perfect love. The love that saved my soul. Too often, my focus falls from Him, and I lose sight of who I am in Christ. Yet without Him, I am nothing. His love for me precipitated everything I have to be thankful for. It is the source of my worth... and the beginning of my hope.

Take a moment to feel the warmth of His love. Remember what you mean to Him; He died for you. He wouldn't trade you for the world. And His love doesn't depend on you in any way. There is nothing you have to do (or can do) to increase, decrease, or maintain it. He loves you because of who He is. Take the pressure off?

Now observe the world around you. Observe your day in light of eternity. Look any different?

No comments:

Post a Comment