Friday, July 13, 2012

Purpose


Job 42:2 
“I know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.” 
To be used by God is a humbling experience.  It usually shows you how small you are in the scheme of things, with the knowledge that God wanted to use you anyway.  How wondrous to be included, to be wanted.
God has called me to a purpose in this blog.  A sobering prospect to me, considering the number of people that a blog can reach. What if I mess up?  How can I be a light for Christ if I mess up in front of everyone?
That’s a great question, because it has a reassuring answer.  God can use even my mistakes to encourage others.  Not in the sense that they are better than me, but in the sense that they struggle in those areas, too.  No one wants to be constantly measured up against a perfect person.  There is only failure in that thought.  But if I’m open about my struggles and how I deal with them, God’s power is revealed.  You can see what God has brought me through despite myself, and be encouraged that He does that for you, too.  It’s what Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 12:9: “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” God’s power. 
It is an amazing feeling to know God’s purpose for you and to know that no purpose of His can be thwarted.  I am so thankful that He has revealed His present purpose for me.  It wasn’t until I set my focus on Him that he showed me.  Searching for my purpose didn’t reveal it, searching for Him did.
What are you searching for?

No comments:

Post a Comment