Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Teaching

Romans 8:28
"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."


One thing that I find encouraging about this verse, is that our trials are for a reason. Each trial is an opportunity to learn something. It may be something you have already learned and need to be reminded of, but you can rest in the fact that "God causes all things to work together for good, to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." I try to view each trial as God teaching me something.

If I assume that mindset, the trial seems to change. It doesn't seem like a trial so much as a class. Some classes are harder than others, but you're going to come out of it with a little more knowledge. In God's classes, I would call it wisdom.  

The trial is no longer quite as frustrating. I might wish that I would learn it already - in which case, He might be teaching me patience! - but at least I know my struggle is not in vain. I can be thankful God is teaching me and working all things together for my good and His glory.

What trial(s) are you going through right now?  Can you be thankful for how God is using it to teach you?

No comments:

Post a Comment