Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cars

Philippians 4:11
"Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am."


I appreciate cars for their transportation capabilities, but I also appreciate their luxuries. I don’t own a luxury car, but I think your average car has plenty of what can be seen as luxuries. I spend a fair amount of time in the car with a 45-minute drive to work. When you spend 1.5 hours a day in a small space, you begin to appreciate the parts of it that don’t make it difficult.

Heaters, for instance. (Of course I’d go there, first.) Heat makes for a pleasant atmosphere. The seats aren’t the plushest and don’t have all the adjustments of a luxury car, but they are comfortable, and I don’t find myself shifting because of the seat. The radio is nice to have, also. I enjoy having the music and DJ’s of K-Love in the background to help encourage me in Christ. I also like the fact I can carpool with my husband part of the way, which allows me to work on my blog and be productive during travel. This wouldn’t be possible without cars and laptops. Cars also broaden our pool of job opportunities, and - though small - are a workable space.

I am thankful God created cars, for the opportunities they provide, and small luxuries while traveling. I am thankful to be content with and grateful for the luxuries I have in mine. May God guide ours and your travels in safety.

What has God provided that gives you one or more opportunities? Or what small luxuries are you content with, that not all people may see as luxuries?

No comments:

Post a Comment