Thursday, January 31, 2013

Headbands

Matthew 10:30
"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered."


My grandmother taught me how to knit and crochet as a child, and I discovered I rather enjoyed it. There are a number of things one can knit or crochet, but I enjoy creating things with practical purposes. Headbands are one of those (though I hadn’t tried them until recently.)

I noticed recently (in the past few years) that knit and crocheted clothing accessories have really come into style, and decided to try my hand at a few simple headbands (flowers aren’t my style). The result? I am back to wearing headbands most days! They’re just so practical to keep my hair out of my face, but still be able to wear it down. It’s a little more fun, now, too, being able to make my own designs and thus make exactly what I want. (I am also missing my long hair and growing it out again.)

So I am thankful for headbands, to be able to accessorize with practicality and express my own “style.” (My friends might laugh at that.) I can even use it for a ponytail holder in a pinch. It is such a simple thing, but very useful in its own right. It is fun to marvel at the fact that God envisioned and planned for the uses of headbands long before He created the world. Just like the current number of hairs on my head. Thank You, Lord, for planning to enable all the details of life!

What practical thing do you enjoy? Consider its genesis, and God's part in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment