Friday, January 18, 2013

Electric Blankets

Matthew 6:31-32
"Do not worry then, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or "What shall we wear for clothing?' For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things."


I am a heat fiend. My husband says I “suck the warmth away” with my freezing extremities. I believe it, too. I can feel what he’s talking about.

We have one of those mattress pads similar to an electric blanket and I love it. Yet no matter how warm it is to start, my feet soak it up so quickly, it can’t keep up. So I shift my feet around, soaking in the little pockets of heat. It makes for an odd little nighttime dance during which I try not to wake my husband.

My husband just repaired the cord on my electric blanket from the dog having it chewed it a long time ago. My new plan is to have both my electric blanket and my heated mattress going at the same time. It probably still won’t be enough warmth to keep up with the initial “heat sucking,” but the process of warming my feet to a comfortable sleeping temperature should be faster. I’m jazzed! Now I can also use my electric blanket before I get in bed to start the process sooner. I’ve used it the past couple of nights and it’s been wonderful. I want to just leave it on high and enjoy the bliss. Then, however, I start to sweat - which is funny, because I still want more heat. Yep, I’m a heat fiend.

I thank God for electric blankets to help my cold-blooded body (I know there are others out there). So I enjoy my little creature comforts and am reminded yet again of Jehovah-jireh - the Lord will provide. He is so faithful to provide what we need... and I'm beginning to see how much else He provides for His and our pleasure. When I stop looking at what I don't have, and realize what He has already given, everything changes.

How has He provided beyond your needs?

No comments:

Post a Comment