Monday, January 14, 2013

Cupboard Doors

One of the projects that we have been wanting to do on Our House is our cupboard doors.  We haven’t had any since we moved in four years ago, and we didn’t quite make our goal of getting them in by the time our baby was mobile (which was 5-6 months old).  Our son is almost a year and two months, and guess what?  We got our first cupboard door on!

We pooled some Christmas presents together and were able to order a pretty and economical design for the lower cabinets that I’m really excited about.  My Husband slaved away on Friday while I watched our son, and got all of the holes filled and the facing sanded, primed, and painted.  There was just enough time to drill the holes for the hinges in one of the doors (the one on the outside of the kitchen) and to mount it on.  It feels like a huge step in something we’ve wanted for a long time, and I am so grateful.

The doors themselves still need to be primed and painted, and we might be able to get that done soon, also, but just getting them up will be immensely helpful with our little man.  It’s hard to believe the extra energy we burn chasing him around, trying to keep his little hands out of the cupboards.  I remember sitting on the kitchen floor playing with a couple pots and lids while my mom cooked or cleaned, and nurture the hope that I might get to do that pretty soon with my little man.  (She didn’t have cupboard doors, either, but I was old enough by that time to not pull everything out, and to know what I could and couldn’t play with.)

Jehovah-jireh.  The Lord will provide.  I am so thankful (and excited) to be one step closer to a fixed-up home, a child-proof home, and even to the look that we would like to have in our home.  I feel so blessed that the Lord would choose to see these Small Desires Met in His own timing - the best timing there is!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! It's been a long time coming. I'm so happy for you. That is awesome and it's admirable that you can see God's provision and timing.

    ReplyDelete