Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pillows


I’m having one of those days where the pain from my fibromyalgia is a little worse.  While I am disappointed that it meant that I couldn’t go for my walk around the lake at lunch today, God orchestrated events so that my husband brought me lunch at work and I got to spend some time with him.  In other words, I wouldn’t have gone for my walk anyway, and I got to enjoy a special lunch with my sweetie.

Earlier in the day, the pain was mostly in my knee, but as the day progressed, the pain spread to my back, making it a little harder.  Tuesdays are a longer day for me, as I attend my Community Group after work.  I wasn’t about to skip out on my Community Group, and when I got there, I realized that there were several pillows on the couch.  My friends offered me a chair, but that Comfy Couch looked pretty inviting.  

It would have been heavenly to lie down, but that would have taken up all of the room for others to sit, not to mention I wouldn’t have been able to participate as well.  So instead, I claimed the couch corner and arranged several small pillows in such a way that I could still recline into the corner without gravity compressing my back so much.  It worked perfectly!  The pillows helped to alleviate the pain a bit, which helped me to participate more and enjoy the company and thoughts of the others in the group.

I am glad to rest in the knowledge that God has a reason for my pain.  The fact that He doesn’t let me in on the reason is all the more reason to rely upon Him.  In the meantime, He also provides everything that I need.  Tonight, it was pillows.  I am thankful for pillows, that God used them to help me fellowship and learn more about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment