Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pillows

2 Corinthians 12:9
"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."


It's been one of those days when my fibromyalgia pain is a little worse. Earlier in the day, the pain was mostly in my knee, but as the day progressed, the pain spread to my back, making it a little harder. Tuesdays are a longer day for me, as I attend my community group after work. I wasn’t about to skip out, and when I got there, I discovered several pillows on the couch. My friends offered me a chair, but that comfy couch looked pretty inviting.

It would have been heavenly to lie down, but I'd have taken up all of the room for others to sit, not to mention I wouldn’t have been able to participate, either. So instead, I claimed the couch corner and arranged several small pillows in such a way that I could still recline into the corner without gravity compressing my back so much. It worked perfectly! The pillows helped to alleviate the pain a bit, which helped me to participate more and enjoy the company and thoughts of the others in the group.

I am glad to rest in the knowledge God has a reason for my pain. The fact He doesn’t let me in on the purpose is all the more reason to rely upon Him. He also provides. Tonight, it was pillows. I am thankful for pillows, that God used them to help me fellowship and learn more about Him. What simple thing has enabled you to be a part of something (or do something) you would not otherwise have been able to easily?

No comments:

Post a Comment