Saturday, January 26, 2013

Weekly Impressions - Will You Forgive Me?

1 John 2:16
"For all that is in the world - the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and the pride of life - is not from the Father but is from the world."


In this journey of thankfulness, I seek to see how God works in my life (and/or in the world) through the next thing I’m thankful for. What I've seen has encompassed quite a variety! Yet I find myself trying to create and insert my own point in what I see. God uses this despite me, but He knows what He's doing far better than I - I should let Him make His own point and use it how He will!

My grandfather was a great model of sharing what God shared with him. I hadn’t really thought about it as such until he died. He was a cool grandfather and a powerful tool of the Lord. (You can see more about him in Sunsets.) Through this revelation, God has stirred in me the desire to proclaim upon the housetops what He has whispered in my ear (Matthew 10:27).

I'm thankful to be at the point where, though I realize I've overstepped myself in my pride, I'm not falling into depression because of it. Yes, I've sinned, but I can ask God’s forgiveness, repent, and move on. I recognize I will fall into this particular pit again, but that, too, is to God’s glory, because it helps to humble me, and shows how much I need the Savior.

I hope you have enjoyed and been encouraged by what I have previously written, but I want to apologize for letting my pride become the motivation behind it. Will you forgive me?

Lord, I pray this can be a beneficial example to others of Your will at work in the life of one of Your children. May Your glory be evident in my life. Amen.

Has your pride become the motivation for something God's gifted you with?

No comments:

Post a Comment