Saturday, January 26, 2013

Weekly Impressions - Will You Forgive Me?


In this journey, I am seeking how God is working in my life (and, or in the world) through the things that I’m thankful for.  I can see different manifestations - especially metaphorically - but I should be sharing what God is sharing with me, not just making my own point.  I have, again, let it get to the point of having something to say personally above what God is saying to me.  (I previously wrote about this in Weekly Impressions - Distraction.)

My grandfather modeled to me what it was to share what God was sharing with him.  I hadn’t really thought about it that way until he died.  He was a cool grandfather and a powerful tool of the Lord.  (You can see more about him in Sunsets.)  God, in showing me this, has stirred in me the desire to proclaim upon the housetops what He has whispered in my ear (Matthew 10:27).

I am thankful that I am getting to the point where, though I realize that I have overstepped myself in my pride, I am not falling into depression because of it.  Yes, I have sinned, but I can ask God’s forgiveness, repent, and move on.  I recognize that I will fall into this particular pit again, but that, too, is to God’s glory, because it helps to humble me, and shows how much I need the Savior.

I hope you have enjoyed and been encouraged by what I have previously written, but I want to apologize that I let my pride become the motivation behind it.  Will you forgive me?

Lord, I pray that this can be a beneficial example to others of Your will at work in the life of one of Your children.  May Your glory be evident in my life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment