Monday, February 18, 2013

MoneyWell


Previous to having gone through Financial Peace University (FPU), we had used Quicken, then Mint.com, then Quicken Essentials (those last two might have been switched) on our Macintosh computers.  The FPU way of budgeting is a little different from these programs, and we were in search of a software that would accommodate budgeting with an envelope system.

My husband did some digging around and discovered MoneyWell by No Thirst Software.  I’m used to using accounting software, and thus, am used to the way that accounting programs “think.”  MoneyWell was completely different.  It was a little comical to see the way that my husband was frustrated with previous software that we had used while I was happy navigating it, and I was frustrated with MoneyWell while he was enamored with it’s navigation.  It was completely different from what I was used to.  

It took me awhile to understand how they were going about handling the money, but once I understood, I realized that it was really much easier.  I’m glad that we switched to it, because it helps us to spend our money ahead of time without having to do it on paper.  It’s one nice neat little package for all your money managing.  

Being on the same page with my husband financially is a true blessing.  We sit in front of our computer for about 10 minutes maximum when we get a paycheck, spend the money in the appropriate buckets (MoneyWell’s term for envelopes), and voila!  Done!  I am thankful that God gave us MoneyWell to facilitate this marital communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment