Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Camelbaks

1 Chronicles 29:13
"Now therefore, our God, we thank You, and praise Your glorious name."

Photo cropped from Michael Pollak's original.

I’m not very good about drinking enough water - mostly because I forget. In an effort to drink more water, I keep a glass next to me as often as I think of it. Fairly recently, I discovered the Camelbak water bottle, which has a bite valve on a straw. Drinking water is not difficult, it just means I have to stop what I’m doing for a moment to get up and refill my water. Or perhaps, to pick up my cup to drink. I think, “I’ll do it after I finish this.” Then I get sidetracked and don’t remember. I thought, “if it’s on a straw, I won’t have to use my hand. I can drink while I work!”

I purchased the biggest Camelbak I found at the store (fewer trips to refill), which was 1 liter. I love it! I keep it at work, so I don’t forget to drink during the day, but take it home with me on the weekends. I really miss it if I forget it somewhere. It’s great because it’s incredibly mobile - so it goes where I go. I drink a little in the car, a little on the couch, a little while playing video games, etc. It has served its purpose quite well.

I am thankful for God's provision of a Camelbak. It's one more thing showing His care. I even don’t seem to be sick as often!

What is something in which you can see His care?

1 comment:

  1. I just got my first Camelbak - at age 56! Dad bought me a beautiful new bicycle and I must keep hydrated while riding. The Camelbak is so easy as I don't have to tip it back to drink. I like it so well that I am using it other places I go as well. I can thank God for technology - like 21 speeds on a bicycle so I can pedal more easily uphill - and the spillproof sippng action of the Camelbak. Love you!

    ReplyDelete