Monday, February 25, 2013

Dancing

Psalm 121:2-3
"My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber."



God gave me a love to dance. It is similar to my love of music (though I’m not as good at dancing as singing). Dancing is a beautiful way I can express my worship to Him. Yet there is another reason I am thankful for dancing: it is a great metaphor for our walk with Him.

I saw a quote from Robert Brault:

Optimist:
Someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it’s the cha-cha.

I love this!  It is so like our walk with the Lord. So often, what we perceive as a step backward in life, is just God bringing us through life according to our need and His glory. It is part of our dance with Him.

The trouble comes when I try to take the lead, or become self-focused and forget to pay attention to His leading. This leads to stumbling - on my part. He is the partner who will never stumble, and will even catch me. My favorite passage at the moment is Psalm 121, and in it the author writes: “He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber.” (Verse 3)

He saves us from our own bumbling, and ever teaches us to be more like Christ. The more we follow His lead, the more Christ-like we become. May we see our lives through His eyes and see the footwork, not some perceived disaster.

Where are you looking in your circumstances? Enjoy the dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment