Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Safety Gates

2 Chronicles 16:9a
"For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His."


When you have a small mobile child, one rather energy-saving item is a safety gate. Our son has been mobile since about five months, when he learned to crawl. He is constantly on the go, and blocking his path to dangerous (or unsupervised) territory is so much easier than grabbing him every minute when he chooses to head its direction.

When I look back on my life as God’s child, I can see various safety gates He has erected to keep me from going to dangerous places (not to say He doesn’t just grab me when I head that way, too, sometimes). I am blessed I cannot go anywhere apart from His supervision, but He does allow me to choose either to sin or to follow Him. I don’t know about you, but more and more I find I sin quite frequently, which can lead to some pretty dangerous places - whether in my thought life, or the physical world.

It is much like shutting a door, I think. God closes doors in our lives for many varying reasons. Sometimes, though, it’s as though He puts up a safety gate I can still see through, but not go through. And sometimes, I can see why He didn’t want me to go through.

I am very thankful for safety gates, to assist me in the care of our son, and that God uses them to sometimes clue me in on what He has saved me from. Can you think of something God saved you from?

No comments:

Post a Comment