Friday, February 8, 2013

Speakers

2 Corinthians 10:5
"We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the 
obedience of Christ..."


I love speakers (especially good ones!) because I love listening to music. Headphones are great, but speakers make it much easier to enjoy music with others. I have a soundtrack, of sorts, that plays in my head in the background throughout my day-to-day life, but it’s much nicer to be able to share what I’m listening to, and speakers do just that.

Left to my own devices, the soundtrack can get somewhat moody if I don’t “take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ[.]” (2 Corinthians 10:5b) I mostly use speakers to either play K-Love or my Christian music playlist to keep my thoughts on Christ. Focus on Him raises my spirits, rather than focus on myself, which leads to discontentment.

I am thankful for speakers, that they can be a great tool to keep my mind stayed upon the Lord. What helps you keep your mind on Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment