Monday, February 11, 2013

Pajamas

Luke 10:41-42
"But the Lord answered and said to her, 'Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.'"


I like to wear pajamas when I’m sick. I’m not terribly sick, but enough to infect others, so I stayed in. My pajamas of choice are microfiber, and the soft cozy feeling helps to keep me in the mindset of rest rather than getting something done.

God is teaching me - and I am slowly learning - how to not constantly feel as though I need to be getting something done. That need to "do" is not derived from His will, but from placing my worth in what I get done. (See more on that in Impressions - Success and Failure.) So as strange as it sounds, I am thankful God even uses pajamas to help me keep in the proper perspective.

What can you (or do you) use to help keep you in the right mindset?

No comments:

Post a Comment