Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Lake

Psalm 46:10
"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."


There are many reasons to be thankful for a lake, not least of which is the water it provides. However, I enjoy this lake because it is within walking distance to provide a nice view and small bit of exercise during my lunch break. It’s a great place for me to separate my thoughts from my work and get out into God’s creation, which leads to spending more focused time with Him. The lake's calm beauty is a reminder not only  of God's amazing creation, but that I can rest in Him and His sovereignty. Its ecosystem speaks of His balancing control and wisdom.

God has used my walk around the lake toward many ends, both physically and spiritually; my daily walk is often when I think most on what I'm thankful for. It is easiest during this time to open my thoughts to His wonder as I enjoy the beauty around me. I am thankful for the lake, for how God uses it to help keep me healthy in both senses. May I use that health to serve Him better.

Are you intentional about spending a focused time with God? I find it easy to spend my focused time filled with goals... do you take time to sit back and wonder at His work?

No comments:

Post a Comment