Monday, April 8, 2013

Games

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."


Thank You for making games, Lord. They’re the perfect excuse to hang out with friends and enjoy one another’s company. While winning is fun, the journey of time spent together with laughter and getting to know each other more is even better. When You are first, serving those I play with is more prominent than winning, and that, too, is enjoyable.

I love how keeping You first changes everything. It affects all areas of life with a peace and joy that “surpasses all comprehension,” and guards our hearts and minds in Your Son. (Philippians 4:7) Help me to constantly live in Your presence, with my service unto You; my goal as Your will; and all aspects of my life as Your tools.

Thank You for Your lovingkindness. May I be purposeful to let it flow through me, and not to try to hoard it for myself, which is only self-defeating, since it destroys the opportunity for joy and peace I might have had. Keep my gaze steady upon You.

In Jesus’ Name, amen.


What portrays to you the peace and goodness that come from keeping God first?

No comments:

Post a Comment