Friday, August 9, 2013

Discussions


I often have a hard time expressing my thoughts and feelings to my husband.  I don’t converse nearly as well as I write.  The words just don’t come - especially the right ones.  As a result, I will often avoid discussion... this is not wise.

Even if I don’t have the right words to say, I need to let my husband know what’s going on in my mind concerning our relationship.  It is incredibly dangerous to not communicate these things, because I will inevitably begin to project thoughts and feelings onto him about my thoughts and feelings.  If I don’t check in with him, I can be way out in left field from what’s really happening, which drastically effects our relationship.

I am thankful for discussion, that God gave us words to communicate with one another to help avoid the creation of unnecessary drama.  Even if that discussion can be difficult at times.  I pray that God helps me to draw upon His courage to ask my husband as soon as I think there might be something amiss.  May we better reflect His image in our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment