Thursday, August 29, 2013

Breaks


It’s been a little over a year since I started this blog, and even when I’ve missed a day or two, I’ve been diligent to catch up.  This past week, I came down with a nasty cold, and missed a day.  Then I realized that this was actually a great time for me to take a break.  So I decided to take a week off.

It’s actually been nice for more than the extra time to rest.  I realized that I’ve been lax during the portion of the day when I’m not writing my blog.  During the twenty minutes or so that I actually write, I focus on being thankful.  It’s true that taking a little time every day to focus on thankfulness to God has been very valuable, but I’ve been remiss to take what I learn during that time and really practice it through the rest of the day.

I think I need to set up some reminders for myself in some key places to help me continue a focus on thankfulness to God.  That was part of the idea in the first place:  to learn to be thankful in everything (or all circumstances).  (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

I am thankful for the break that I took - for the rest and wisdom that God granted.  I pray for the self-discipline to shift my focus constantly and consistently toward Christ and His perfect gifts.  That is part of the Joy of a Christ-follower.

No comments:

Post a Comment