Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Servants' Hearts


We are very blessed by my husband’s parents.  We pay them for groceries, and they make us dinner (and take care of the dishes) every night that we come over.  They also help out considerably with our son.  Now that we’ve joined them on a camping trip for vacation, they are still providing and cooking all of the food and helping out considerably with the grandson.  If they didn’t enjoy it, we wouldn’t take advantage of it - but they really do enjoy it.

I am thankful for servants' hearts, that God has given them to His children.  Not all of His children act that way - at least, not all the time - but we certainly have it available to us.  I pray that I would learn to tap into that gift of a servant’s heart from God more often, and to even discipline myself to do so.  A true servant’s heart is a tremendous blessing to others, and a beautiful reflection of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment