Saturday, August 17, 2013

Weekly Impressions - The Small Choices


I wish I could hold on to the knowledge and wisdom and focus of God at all times.  It is very easy, however, to lose that focus - quite possibly more so in the small things of life than in the storms.  The very fact that I don’t hold that focus at all times is the reason that I need to grow and practice Self-discipline within its view.  The more often that I practice that focus, the easier it will become to continue in that focus.

Wishing has its place, but I can’t let it stop there; mere wishing is futile.  I can direct the desire behind that wish to fuel my discipline.  That’s when wishing becomes useful; use the energy of your desire to further your goal.  Put your wish into action.  I yearn to use it to further my goal, so powerful is the wish - the hunger for Him.  

The wish, however, much like the focus, is not always there.  This is where I have the power of choice, and each choice directs my path, no matter how small.  I can choose to turn my head toward temptation or not.  Proverbs 4:25-27 paints that picture for me:  


“Let your eyes look directly ahead
And let your gaze be fixed straight in front of you.


Watch the path of your feet
And all your ways will be established.


Do not turn to the right nor to the left;
Turn your foot from evil.”


I am a creature born in sin, but thanks to my Savior Jesus Christ, that sin no longer binds me; He provides “the way of escape[.]” (1 Corinthians 10:13c)

I pray for His wisdom in my choices - especially the small ones - and that I might better hone my wishing desires toward accomplishing my ultimate goal of a life lived in Christ.  May my awareness of where I place my feet on my path increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment