Saturday, October 5, 2013

Weekly Impressions - Blessings


It has been encouraging to see the Lord’s work in our marriage.  He has brought different things together in each of our lives to hone a better understanding of the way He intended marriage to be.  As we sort out just how to live that out, we do encounter conflict, but conflict isn’t nearly as bad as the world makes it out to be.  Especially if each heart is rooted in the love of Christ, and that for one another.

I mentioned in an earlier post that God has been prompting me to make more of an effort in the care of our home.  God is teaching me how to be self-disciplined amid my fatigue and chronic pain, as well as how far to push and when to rest.  I was blessed to have a good night’s sleep last night, and He granted me a significant amount of energy today; I whipped out a great many chores that needed it.

My husband and I have had a few Spousal Conferences in which we have discussed differences of opinion and hashed out how to reconcile them.  To be on the same page as my husband makes a huge difference in our relationship, and helps us to act in unity.  Our image reflects a greater God when we work together, united in His will.  The more we hash out, the more we learn about each other’s strengths, weaknesses, and point of view.  It is a blessing to know my husband more.

The Lord has granted many other blessings to us in our marriage - and many that I know I haven’t even recognized.  It is a blessing in and of itself to know that He blesses us.  I thank the Lord for this walk with Him, and that He has given me someone else to share intimately in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment