Friday, October 18, 2013

Welcome Home


What I like best about coming home is when my sweetheart welcomes me home with a kiss and a hug (and when my little man does, too!).  He’s usually on the couch doing homework or some such when I walk in the door, so it’s a little bit of a hassle for him, but it’s a wonderfully nice gesture when he does it.  It tells me that I’m important to him, that he loves me, and that he’s interested in how my day went, since it’s usually accompanied by a “How Was Your Day?”

I am thankful when he welcomes me home, for how I feel, and the message that it sends me.  I don’t get to welcome him home very often, because it’s usually that I’m getting home after everyone else.  I think, though, that I shall try to be more intentional about welcoming him home - especially if I’m playing a video game.  That’s when I’m most likely to just say something, but not actually get up.  What better way to tell him that he’s important to me than to stop something that I enjoy to welcome him home?  I pray for God’s strength for those time in which I don’t feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment