Monday, September 30, 2013

Help with the Laundry


I’ve felt a prodding of the Lord to be a little more diligent in my house chores, and have made an effort to do a bit more each day, if possible.  Tonight, I was planned a load of laundry in.  My husband went to put our son down and I saw a chance to get some of it folded.  

Before I could finish, I heard my husband put the leftover milk in the fridge.  I hastily continued, hoping to get as much as I could done before the call to move on to our next activity.  He entered the room, saw what I was doing, and picked up an article to fold.  That brought a smile to my lips, and, while I didn’t dally, I relaxed my hurried rush.

I am thankful that my husband helped me with the laundry.  I saw it as a fulfillment of Peter’s teaching for husbands to “...live with your wives in an understanding way...” (1 Peter 3:7), as well as Paul’s teaching in Philippians 2:4 for all Christ followers to “...not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.”  God used him not only to brighten my evening, but also to complete what His Holy Spirit had prodded me to do.  I thank and praise the Lord for His care.

No comments:

Post a Comment