Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Kisses


I hadn’t been able to spend much time with my husband yesterday, as we made the little man tradeoff when I arrived at our “second home” from work, and he left for school.  When he returned, we left for home and our bed.  We stopped briefly at the post office and I got a kiss in.  I felt a flash of thankfulness as I got that kiss in; it was the closest thing I would likely have that night to spending time with him.

Kisses can be used for a great many things.  There are hello kisses, goodbye kisses, passionate kisses, I-love-you kisses, on-the-go kisses... you get the idea.  This was an on-the-go / I-love-you kiss, which I seem to use often of late.  It’s my way of telling him that I love him, because I just can’t tell him enough.  I am glad to be married to him.

I thank the Lord for giving us kisses, that they are a more intimate way of showing our love.  Whether on my son’s cheek or my husband’s lips, I enjoy the love expressed in kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment