Monday, September 16, 2013

Tend Our Son


It was an odd sort of Sunday where I didn’t actually attend church with my husband and son.  Instead, I carpooled early with a friend in order to sing on the praise team, and ended up leaving with her after the music was finished for the beginning of the second service.  My husband, however, had to attend the second service since he was manning the sound booth.  While I missed being able to attend with my family, it was nice to get to spend some time with my friend.

My friend and I left in order to practice some music together for an event at which we’ll sing.  This would not have been possible without my husband tending to our son while I was gone.  While my husband is one of our son’s parents, I still rather appreciate how involved he is in the care of our child.  In our current situation, with me working and him going to school, he may very well take care of our son more often than I do.

I am thankful that he is willing and able to tend our son.  I think, for the most part, that he views it as a privilege - which is something that I need to work on myself.  It isn’t so much a chore to him as it is an opportunity to spend time with his son.  For this attitude and example, I am very grateful.  I thank the Lord that He has given my husband a Christ-Driven Heart, so that it overflows into the area of tending our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment