Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mistakes


I’m going to be a bit transparent and reveal some personal things about my family in this post.  To be honest, today was a really cruddy day.  Our son was whiny and throwing tantrums all day; my husband and I weren’t getting along very well; I made a half-hour trip to Costco only to discover that they were closed; and had the bejeebers scared out me when a car honked at me (my window was down, so it was very loud) while I was making a right on red and not expecting a couple cars to make (legal) U-turns.  Yet, through it all, God is good.

During the half-hour ride back from Costco (whose embarkment began with the right turn / U-turn issue), I knew that I needed to work on being thankful.  Even for a wasted trip.  I knew that God had a plan to use it for the good of His children and for His glory, I just didn’t know what it was, yet.  By the end... I did (at least, as much as a human can understand without the entire big picture).

God used that time of me talking to Him and working on my thankfulness to give me understanding in what it was that I had been trying to communicate to my husband for some months now.  It was a pretty huge breakthrough for me.  This, I was most certainly thankful for.

My husband and I both made several “mistakes” today.  Some were like me not checking for anyone making a U-turn, or not checking to see if Costco was closed on a holiday.  Others were actual sins.  It was not a pleasant journey, but at the end of it, we were able to talk a little.  God is good.  Not all of our issues are resolved, but we are working on them - together.  We have certain things to deal with, and the truth of this may not have come out without our “mistakes.”

So, strange as it sounds, I am thankful for mistakes, that God uses even these for His glory and the good of His children.  “But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.” (Romans 8:37)  I am thankful for His Grace, and for His Victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment