Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Radio


I know that we have internet radio now like Pandora and Spotify that allow us to listen to whatever music we desire.  Those radio stations, however, lack one thing:  DJ’s.  I love listening to K-LOVE, because not only is the music encouraging, but so are the DJ’s.

At work, or in the car, or while I’m cleaning the house, it can be easy to tune out the lyrics and just listen to the beat.  If a DJ comes on, I might not be fully listening - especially if I’m working on something - but some of what they say does get through.  What are they telling you?  Are they encouraging you or bringing you down?

That same question can be asked of who you hang out with.  In a rather distant and one-sided way, when you listen to the radio, you’re hanging out with the DJ’s, and allowing them to influence you.  I am thankful that God made radio waves so that we could have radio stations that allow us to be encouraged by other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment