Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fall

Psalm 139:7
"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?"


Fall is filled with such vibrant colors.  The contrasts of reds, yellows, oranges, and greens catch your eye for the simple reason that the landscape isn’t usually that color.  Each season has its own visual differences, but Fall is the most eye-catching. I am thankful for Fall and how God grabs my attention with His beautiful work.

Sometimes God has to catch our attention.  I personally find it quite difficult to keep His presence in mind consistently.  I lose sight of Him rather often during the day-to-day tasks.  God uses things like the Fall colors to catch my attention and remind me He is there, He loves me, and I am His.  This isn't His only way of reminder (though it is, perhaps, one of the more pleasant ones), but if He always used the same way, it would cease to catch my attention. Just as Fall wouldn't be so pretty if the landscape always looked that way.

How has God grabbed your attention lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment