Friday, November 16, 2012

Greeting Cards


Greeting cards provide an easy way to write a brief encouragement to someone.  Receiving one can really brighten your day.  Knowing that one you wrote brightened someone else’s day can really encourage you, too. 

Those who have the gift of encouragement often use greeting cards to extend their gift to others.  While I am not the best at encouragement, I have found that even having thought to send a greeting card to let a person know that you’re thinking of them can make a difference.  Greeting cards can give you a jump start on what to write, even if you don’t write much.  I am thankful for greeting cards, and that God gave so many people an artistic mind, so that there are a myriad cards to choose from.

I think greeting cards could be a useful tool to help me think of others more often.  To that end - and the end of encouraging those to whom I send a card - I am going to begin writing and mailing one greeting card per week.  When I write it, I will also pray for the person.  Would you like to join me in my little endeavor?

No comments:

Post a Comment