Monday, November 5, 2012

Pools

I love getting into the water.  Especially if it’s heated a little.  The absolute perfect time to get in the pool is about 9:00pm, give or take a half hour.  It’s the end of the day and I don’t have to rush to get things done.  The water is usually at its warmest and the sun isn’t bearing down on me as I swim.  I love the stillness of the night, and water adds to that relaxing feeling of stillness for me.

Another reason I love getting into the water is that it lifts the weight off of my joints.  I have fibromyalgia, and my neck is also straight, so it feels heavenly to take the weight off.  Few other things - if any - are able to do that.  It’s one of the few places that exercise can actually feel good.

I am grateful that God created something that can so completely help me to relax while not quashing - but rather perpetuating - the desire to exercise.  It feels so good that I want to swim, to move my muscles, to stretch, and to play.  The trick is more along the lines of finding a pool that’s available and having the ability to get to it at that time of night!  Yet God knows all things and “causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”  (Romans 8:28b)

I relish the times that He gives me the opportunity to swim at night, and I am content knowing that He has something else in mind for my exercise and care - at least for now.  What are some things He uses to help you relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment