Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Brown Noise

Romans 8:38-39
"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


Brown noise seems to help shut my brain off a little. It doesn’t work if there’s any discernible pattern - for instance, if a fan has a tick. However, that low, rumbling, perfectly static noise can make it a little difficult to think. Those cheap white noise makers won’t do it for me. I feel assaulted by white noise. It has to be the lower pitched brown noise.

I find it amazing and helpful God chose to create something to help to turn my mind off. Brown noise has also been an amazing tool to help get my son to sleep and to keep him there. I tell you it was invaluable. Even my husband and I go to sleep to the sound of a fan, now. It’s just one example of His mercy and grace in my life - and in the lives of others. In some ways, I feel a little safer with the brown noise. The static low sound reminds me of His unchanging love, from which nothing can separate me.

What reminds you of His loving presence and protection?

No comments:

Post a Comment