Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Bridges

John 14:6
"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.'"


There are all kinds of bridges, from simple rope bridges you may wonder are safe, to the huge engineering marvel of the Golden Gate Bridge, to the concrete overpasses of a freeway. One way or another, bridges were created to connect people. Some might argue it’s to make the path shorter, but this still serves to connect people. I am thankful for God's creation of engineering to give us bridges to make it faster and easier to connect with people.

Jesus Christ bridges the gap of sin between humanity and God. He is the only way to God and salvation, but He made it available to everyone. We have a decision to make, however. Do we want to take that bridge? Do we want to walk His way?

I do. Walking His way doesn't only mean salvation... it means joy! I don't mean happiness... that's a little different, though happiness often comes from joy. I mean the contentment, peace, and gladness of knowing God is good, God is in control, and all things serve God's purpose (which, according to Romans 8:29, is to make us more like Christ).

I am so thankful for Jesus Christ forming the bridge - the way - for me. His love has changed my life and given me a purpose. He is what I live for and the One whom I serve. My relationship with Him is the most important one I have ever had and ever
will have.

Do you know my Savior, Jesus Christ? If so, have you recently reflected on this gift and the joy it brings? (You can see more about walking with Christ under Weekly Impressions - Success and Failure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment