Monday, December 24, 2012

Fingernails

Psalm 139:14
"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well."


God gifted me with strong fingernails. I’m not particularly fashion-conscious, and I don’t take measures to care for my nails beyond chewing them off if they get a tear, so they’re often varying lengths. This can actually be helpful, since each length - short, medium, or long - has its uses. I can often forgo having to drop what I’m doing to grab a tool, because I was able to use my nail instead.

Hear me out! A short nail allows you to do more with the point of your finger, like more accurate texting. A medium nail can often be used to scrape things off or even to screw things with a slit. Long nails look nice, but can also allow you to better reach or scrape things in tight spaces.

I am thankful God gave us fingernails, because we can use them for so many different things. He knew what He was doing when He molded us, and built a useful tool straight into our makeup.

What has God given you that may not always look nice, but is helpful and gets the job done?

No comments:

Post a Comment