Thursday, December 20, 2012

Heat

Ephesians 3:20
"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen."



I find it relaxing while lying in bed to hear the heater kick on. It produces really low brown noise to help turn my brain off, and I know it heralds the comfort of that luxuriant commodity of heat.

I have very poor circulation, so warmth is one of my best friends. I really don’t care for being cold, and cold for other people can mean a small measure of freezing pain for me. This is another reason I am thankful for heat. There are different sources of heat, too. My husband, for instance is another - and very gracious - source of warmth for my freezing feet in bed.

Heat is necessary for survival, and God knows I need it. However, the blessing of as much heat as I want is an example of His love. More heat means more money, and while we aren’t rich by any means, we are certainly provided for by our Heavenly Father. I am thankful for His blessing of heat.

What is something He's provided for you in abundance (it doesn't have to be a commodity)?

No comments:

Post a Comment