Friday, December 14, 2012

Jackets

Psalm 27:14
"Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; 
yes, wait for the Lord."


Winter has officially made its entrance where I live, and the days usher in a brisk cold. Tucked away in my office with the heater blasting, I’m pretty well protected. However, I am determined to persevere in my daily walk around the lake, to strive toward better health in my chronic ailments. This means I must brave the weather and cold. I have poor circulation and don’t do so well in the chill, so I am thankful for God’s provision of jackets!

I don't have a jacket in which I can walk in the rain, yet, but am thankful I have something that allows me to walk most days. If I miss walks on occasion due to rain, I can rest in the knowledge God didn’t want me walking that day, because, despite my efforts, He hasn’t yet provided me with something to allow me to do so. My hope is not in my jacket, or my daily walk, or even my health, but in the Lord... and I will wait on His timing.

I’m looking forward to saving the money up to buy just the right one. It’s a rather rewarding and satisfying feeling, and I am glad and thankful God provides us with the means to do so. (Do they make warm waterproof cloaks? That’s awfully tempting. I love cloaks!) I pray God leads me to just the right jacket and blesses its use.

Are you waiting on the Lord for something? How is He (or might He be) using the wait in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment